Atkins Infrastructure division are looking to appoint a Project Planner with experience of complex infrastructure projects to be based in either our Bristol, Epsom or London offices. We have requirements in other locations such as the West Midlands, Suffolk, Scotland, Wales and potentially Ireland also.
As a Project Planner with Atkins, you will report into the Planning Manager with accountability to specific Project Managers.
The role would suit a Project Planner with a strong technical planning background who in addition will have experience of working on various forms of NEC contracts, time risk management, baseline management, cost/resource loading and change control.
This is an opportunity to join an experienced team that have a significant impact on the successful delivery of multi-million pounds contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal planning processes and work instructions are followed on all assigned projects to allow for consistency and reporting.
- Responsible for the schedule to ensure completion of projects to time and cost
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
- Collaborative and timely client contact
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the Project Manager/Planning Manager
- Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports, opportunities, mitigations and communication of same to the Project Manager/Planning Manager
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by the Project Manager/ Planning Manager and giving appropriate planning advice.
- You will deliver the periodic programme updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme as required.
- You will ensure that the planning data that inputs into the required reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately, is accurate, validated by the Project Manager and up to date as required.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software in regards to the project level and an overall understanding of the Enterprise database
- A detailed understanding of infrastructure projects how they are designed, constructed and commissioned.
- Able to accurately define project programmes and schedules with clarity.
- Experience of Design principles from concept to detailed
- Must be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
- Able to communicate with impact and experience of managing and influencing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision. Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and Earned Value Analysis.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, data analysis, trend analysis.