Project Planner - Rail
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of encouraging career development. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, and development of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects in York, we are looking for an exceptional Project Planner to join our highly successful team which are based in any of the following offices Warrington/Manchester/Leeds/York.
Our projects range in value of £1m to £50m+ across a variety of high profile clients therefore giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across the infrastructure projects, particularly Rail.
- A recognised degree and/or professional qualified to the suited Chartered Body, in project/risk management or be qualified by experience
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and document preparation skills
- Has proactively contributed to successful delivery of a project and/or programme in a similar operating environment to Network Rail
- Knowledge of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Responsible for own high quality output and understanding of how his/her outputs contributes to programme and/or project objectives
- Holds service management responsibilities including but not limited to reporting
- Strong interpersonal qualities demonstrable through their daily actions and engagement with individuals
- Significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling in Primavera products.
- Experience of Infrastructure projects preferably Rail and/or Highways, Nuclear or Utilities.
- An understanding of Risk management.
- A flexible approach to be office or site based according to the needs of the business and client
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer both strategic and project advice.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills and the ability to operate Primavera P6 as a minimum.
- Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting
The right person:
- To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Flexible to be office or site based as per the needs of the business and client. Role requires regular travel to client offices in York
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.