Project Procurement Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Project Procurement Manager
The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for driving the execution of the complete procurement cycle in accordance with company policies, prime contracts, approved project procedures, plans, and budgets. In general, the procurement cycle consists of bidder identification and prequalification, issuance of enquiries, bid evaluations, bidder selection and recommendation, preparation of purchase order and contract documents, administration of awarded purchase orders and contracts, expediting, inspection, supplier visits, control of materials, transportation logistics, close out and claim settlements, cost control invoice approvals interfacing with engineering, construction management and the client, and progress reporting.
The Project Procurement Manager oversees and participate in the procurement of equipment and / or services, ensuring price value and stability, quality and required delivery dates are met;
The Project Procurement Manager is accountable for the project performance indicators related to procurement.
The Project Procurement Manager’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Execute procurement processes in accordance with the approved policies, management systems and contractual requirements
- Develop executable project plans as required and in support of the contract and management system requirements in collaboration with project stakeholders
- Define key performance indicator metrics to track and monitor Procurement progress and performance
- Lead the execution of project procurement plans and contractual requirements; plan, organize and supervise procurement tasks
- Manage all aspects of a team of procurement professionals assigned to the project as required to execute the procurement cycle, which could include (but not be limited to): Leads, Order Administrators, Buyers, Expeditors, and Material Controllers;
- Manage procurement functions at the project site as required, including site procurement and material management;
- Support the drafting of the package schedule and the identification of key suppliers and / or subcontractors
- Research and develop competent suppliers by participating in supplier qualification and other informational requests. Make recommendations for inclusion on approved bid lists;
- As required, work with the Commercial and Legal teams to develop or modify Terms and Conditions.
- Guide, assist, and negotiate to a satisfactory conclusion purchasing contracts;
- Develop and implement methods of communications, problem resolution, and contractual dispute management. Contact suppliers regarding large or recurring problems and resolve issues;
- Develop and maintain tools and systems which measure, track, and analyze supplier and material effectiveness, price, reliability and delivery (along with other key performance metrics as required to manage the project);
- Communicate / collaborate with all project stakeholders in a timely and effective manner
- Additional responsibilities as necessary
These responsibilities may be modified from time to time as approved by SNC-Lavalin management
- Minimum requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline: Business, Management, Supply Chain, Project Management
- Minimum ten years' of relevant experience in Procurement and Material Management
- Previous management experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, results oriented and possess high degree of initiative.
- A team player.
- Effective time management skills, works well under pressure.
- Knowledge of procurement software, such as SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, etc.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences