Project Risk Manager
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a Risk Manager to join our growing team. You will plan, coordinate and document the project risk management process in accordance with corporate policies. Using your strong facilitation skills, you will ensure that risks are identified, evaluated, mitigated and monitored.
- Take ownership of the project risk management process
- Implement risk management activities in compliance with best practice and corporate policy
- Utilize corporate systems and tools to support processes (@Risk, PRA, ARM)
- Lead multi-disciplinary risk identification workshops at all levels of the project organization
- Conduct risk evaluation using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work closely with planners to understand delivery expectations, identify potential risks and link risks to schedule activities
- Maintain a project risk register and ensure that the project risk profile is current and accurate
- Prepare internal and external progress reports to multiple stakeholders
- Provide risk management training when required
- Continuously look for improvements to the risk management process
- Generate lessons learned reports relating to risks
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management
- 8 years of combined experience in the Engineering and Construction industry preferably project-based
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem solver
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.