Project Schedule Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould (pronounced Faithful and Gould or F and G) is an integrated project and programme management consultancy. It supports clients with the management of their construction projects and programmes. It is part of Atkins – a design, engineering and project management consultancy with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
For more information, visit https://www.fgould.com/
The Project Schedule Engineer is responsible to set up, monitor and appraise the schedule progress performance of the project in accordance with standardized project management processes and best practices. Special focus is on forward looking early warning input to the Project Manager and ensuring that necessary corrective actions are taken.
- Assist in the preparation and update of the Project Control Plan (PCP) as required
- Carry out the schedule control in accordance with the process and procedures defined in the PCP for the specific project
- Support the Project Manager in all aspects of setting up the project Master Schedule
- Establish and maintain the Project Control tools and systems required for Schedule Control during the course of a project
- Initiate, maintain and follow-up the Project Master Schedule and critical path for the Project
- Make sure that all contractor schedules are in line with the Project Master Schedule
- Initiate and monitor the progress measurement in the project
- Initiate, co-ordinate and review all Time estimates required during the project life cycle
- Monitor and appraise Contractor’s Project Scheduler’s performance
- Validate accuracy and completeness of all Project Controls Scheduling information
- Provide on regular basis look ahead schedule including previous period, present period, upcoming period.
- Perform “What if” analyses whenever necessary and propose corrective actions to be taken in order to bring the project back on track
- Monitor agreed corrective actions
- Perform earn-value analysis and develop KPI such as SPI and CPI reports
- Review and recommend on delay claims analysis
- Draft the Time related sections of the PMR and all other local and global reports with the respect to schedule and progress
- Execute the Project Controls Process on Major Capital Projects as per Engineering Manual.
- Ensure that the Project Schedule and Progress Control process is carried out in accordance with the Progress and Schedule Control tool on Major Capital Projects.
- Support the Project Controls Engineer in managing the interface for scheduling and progress control activities to all required Pharma Departments (e.g. Engineering, Finance, Procurement) and to the Architect/Engineers and Construction Contractors.
- Co-ordinate, lead/supervise and monitor the Project Schedule and Progress Control activities of Contractors and other involved parties.
- Constructively challenge project managers regarding schedule.
- Continuously monitor the practicability and the benefit of the Project Schedule process and tools included in the Project Controls Procedure Toolbox and suggest improvements.
- Adhere to and enforce Client policies and procedures especially relating to ethics and financial stewardship
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar
- Excellent command of English
- Good to excellent experience with Scheduling applications like Primavera or MS Project
- Motivating team player, drives results, good communication skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter which requires minimal supervision
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the area of project scheduling
- Pharma or IT project experience preferred