Why join us?
Our Atlanta team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 5 years of experience as a Project Scheduler on heavy civil/infrastructure/transportation projects, we would like to connect with you! We are looking for specific experience preparing and updating bar chart or critical path method (CPM) schedules. We seek career-minded individuals who are looking for long term growth. This is an internal position with Atkins that comes with robust benefits. This position is currently remote.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop and update summary level as well as detailed schedules for multiple concurrent projects.
- Review consultant and contractor prepared schedules and provide analysis to project stakeholders.
- Assign resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develop cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Evaluate critical and near critical path activity sequences.
- Determine reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Identify schedule changes and trends.
- Develop earned value reports.
- Develop lists of design, procurement, construction and post construction activities based on review of design documents, examination of site conditions and discussions with Owners, design consultants and contractors.
- Develop realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Assess actual progress based on site inspections.
- Suggest corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Prepare post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Five years’ relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge in Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with transportation projects including sidewalks, streetscapes, intersection improvements, bridge, and roadway improvements is preferred.
- Ability to provide independent schedule analysis, contractor schedule review, and executive summary reporting.
- Must have strong understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations.
- Strong understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs