Why join us?
This position is based out of our Environment & Geoscience (E&G) office in Victoria and reports to a Project Manager also located in our Victoria office. You will be responsible for supporting our local environment team on a variety of projects in a variety of sectors including government, oil and gas, industrial facilities, construction, and mining. The ideal candidate is a recent grad or junior professional. Previous relevant experience would be an asset.
E&G offers consulting services in the following areas: environmental studies, environmental impact assessments and social impact assessments, habitat assessments and compensation, aquatic life assessments, sustainability, environmental management and planning, geographic information systems, contaminated sites assessment and remediation, waste management, water distribution and treatment, and pollution control.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conducting local and remote field work as directed on a diverse range of sites, with a responsibility for health & safety. (May include the supervision of contractors)
- Communication with project managers, team leads and technical staff.
- Execution of field programs for contaminated site assessment including groundwater monitoring and sampling, soil sampling, well installation, soil vapour sampling, sediment sampling, and surface water sampling.
- Environmental monitoring including daily observations, inspections, and monitoring of compliance indicators including water quality to support construction or remediation projects.
- Calibration and operation of field instruments and equipment.
- Collection of field data and detailed documentation (e.g., field notes, site sketches, photographs).
- Submission of field data and preparation of summaries for project managers
What will you contribute?
- A bachelor's degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related discipline.
- Previous environmental or consulting work experience is preferred.
- As the position will involve field work, the candidate must be willing to work in varying climatic conditions and may include working from the water on a marine vessel.
- Although field work will often be local, the candidate must be willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs