Project Scientist or Engineer-In-Training
Why join us?
This position is based out of our Environment & Geoscience (E&G) office in Fort St. John and reports to a Project Manager. You will be responsible for supporting our local environment team on a variety of projects in the mining, oil and gas and forestry sectors. The ideal candidate is an intermediate level professional with at least 3 years of relevant environmental and project experience, preferably in consulting.
E&G offers consulting services in the following areas: land reclamation, environmental studies, environmental impact assessments and social impact assessments, habitat assessments and compensation, aquatic life assessments, air quality assessments and greenhouse gas emissions, carbon credits, sustainability, environmental management and planning, geographic information systems, contaminated sites, waste management, mining, water distribution and treatment, pollution control and rural development.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Developing work plans and budgets and conducting projects of moderate complexity.
- Coordinating and executing field programs, including intrusive investigations (drilling and test pitting), monitoring well installation, and remedial excavations.
- Supervision of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Allocation and supervision of junior and technical field staff and technical resources for the completion of projects, including evaluation and interpretation of data collected and reviewing reports prepared by more junior or technical field staff.
- Reviewing field information from groundwater, soil vapour and drilling programs completed by junior staff; preparation of reports including the interpretation of geological/hydrogeological conditions for review by senior specialists and project managers.
- Preparation of sound technical recommendations and conclusions as part of complex reports for review by senior or technical specialists.
- This position may also involve dealing directly with clients and regulatory bodies.
What will you contribute?
- University degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant environmental project experience, preferably encompassing field work (including groundwater and soil vapour sampling, surveying, drilling, test pitting and excavating), project coordination and report preparation.
- As the position will involve field work, the candidate must be willing to work in variable climatic conditions and be willing to travel to remote locations and work away from home for extended periods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Fort St John
Fort St John
Fort St John