Project Specialist - Hydrogeology
Project Specialist - Hydrogeology
SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking a Project Hydrogeologist in one of our BC offices. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to support our expanding British Columbia hydrogeology team on a variety of projects with our contaminated sites, water resource, mining and/or impact assessment lines of business. The location of this position could be flexible but ideally would be in one of our Burnaby, Nelson, or Cranbrook offices.
As a Project Hydrogeologist, you will play a supporting role in a wide variety of physical and contaminant hydrogeology projects including those related to: mine permitting; aquifer mapping and groundwater protection; pumping tests; stratigraphic interpretation; environmental impact assessments; water supply work and groundwater modelling. As well, you will be involved in contaminant project work, including investigation, characterization and remediation of complex medium- to large-scale contaminated sites, including physical hydrogeological characterization. You will be responsible for designing and supporting field investigations.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supporting senior staff in preparing proposals, developing work plans and budgets and managing projects
- Planning, coordination and support for the execution of field programs, including intrusive investigations.
- Allocation and supervision of junior and technical field staff and technical resources for the completion of projects.
- Reviewing field information from investigations; preparation of reports including the interpretation of geological/hydrogeological conditions.
- Preparation of sound technical recommendations and conclusions.
- Collaboration with other hydrogeologists throughout BC offices and out-of-province offices.
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on team’s projects.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and coaching others.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in geology, hydrogeology, geological engineering, or other related discipline along with 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in hydrogeology. A post-graduate degree in hydrogeology is considered an asset;
- Registered or be eligible to register as a Professional Engineer and/or Professional Geologist;
- Experience in writing successful proposals, work plans and reports;
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, leadership skills.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, English fluency.
- Must be able and willing to occasionally travel for work away from the home office.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Numerical groundwater modelling skills would be considered an asset; and,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid class 5 driver's license
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs