Project Support Coordinator (Accounting/Finance)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. The three pillars of Safety, Ethics and Quality are paramount and the ideal candidate will be outstanding in each of these areas. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
- Under the general supervision of the Cost Control Manager, or their delegate, the Project Support Coordinator is responsible for assisting Project Managers in all aspects of the planning and cost control of projects. Representative responsibilities include:
- Agent will manage multiple projects according to their complexity
- Verify documentation and open projects-including creating the WBS and setting up initial budget.
- Prepare, review and action items as determined by discussions with PM on reports related to monthly cost control
- Assist in the development of revised budgets and forecasts and proposing corrective actions to meet baseline budgets
- Assist managers in analyzing WIP, EV, AR, CAP, KPI etc
- Work with PM to determine monthly billings and review draft invoices
- Coding of Accounts Payable invoices, completing work confirmations, validating expense reports and completing various online forms
- Assist the Project Managers with project schedules, documentation and implementation plan for project execution
- Monitor project progress with regards to various disciplines and communicate information to both Department Leads and Project Managers
- Ensure that all required deadlines both internal and external are met
- Prepare projects for closing
- Respect and reinforce the use of our company’s methods and procedures required to control cost
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience performing similar duties to those described;
- Must be able to Identify errors, problems, or non-standard situations and suggest alternatives;
- Must possess character traits of being accurate, meticulous, proactive, efficient, self-organizing, flexibility, a team player;
- Professional phone manner, excellent customer service skills, and enjoy working in a client-focused environment;
- Must be proficient in common software, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of the Oracle system would be a benefit
- Experience and / or familiarity working in a consulting engineering environment an asset.