Project Support Officer
Project Support Officer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The first half of 2020 has been unprecedented in the challenges that the world and the UK Nuclear Industry has faced navigating the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite these challenges, the industry remains a key sector to deliver Net Zero and provide low carbon energy for future generations and as such we are delighted to re-start our recruitment campaign to attract the best talent into Atkins.
At present, we are mostly working from home. However, when we can return to office working this role will be based in our Bristol Office. The past few months have highlighted what a truly global business we are, with our use of digital collaboration platforms enabling globally diverse teams to continue delivering for our clients no matter where you are based. Our well-established flexible working practices and digital approach have proven that having a positive work life balance is achievable even in the most challenging of times making Atkins a great place to develop your career.
Working within our Nuclear & Power Business in Bristol, you will provide project support and framework administration as part of the UK & Europe Energy project support team.
This is a varied role, providing support on a number of framework contracts in the Nuclear & Power business. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the frameworks, ensuring that the bidding process is followed, framework databases are maintained, opportunities are tracked and business processes are followed.
In addition, you will provide project financial support to a number of project managers across the business and support new staff starting work at our client offices in Gloucester and Bristol setting them up on our client’s SAP database.
It is likely that you will spend at least one day per month at our client offices in Gloucester.
You will have experience of working within a similar office environment and will have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with staff and clients at all levels internally and externally across all levels of the hierarchy.
You will be highly organised with a logical and systematic approach and will be able to work to challenging deadlines. You are pro-active and are therefore able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, managing your time effectively and prioritising your workload. You also have excellent attention to detail and be PC literate, particularly with MS Office Suite.
- Experience of working in a project support role
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work to challenging deadlines; excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and confident in dealing with staff at all levels, able to develop good working relationships with project managers
- Experience in dealing with financial spreadsheets
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Able to work on own initiative, capable of managing time effectively and prioritising workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to proactively identify improvements to current processes
- Ideally educated to A level standard or equivalent; GCSE level Maths and English required
The following would also be highly advantageous:
- Experience / knowledge of the nuclear industry.
- Security clearance (to work unescorted on nuclear licensed sites).
- Experience in using Excel to an Advanced level.
- Experience in producing Power BI reports
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide financial support to project managers across a variety of projects, including:
- Managing and monitoring project costs across a range of projects
- Identifying and highlighting financial issues to the project manager
- Production of all project financial reporting including: Client monthly reports, monthly Project Summary Reports/project financial reports, invoicing
- Liaising with the client and Finance to resolve any financial issues
- Ensuring project financial deadlines are met
- Monitoring the accrual/invoicing process
- Provide summary financial reporting information for the Management team
Other duties include:
- Managing the incoming/outgoing client correspondence
- Maintaining project database(s)
- Updating and tracking opportunities using the Client Relationship Management tool (CRM)
- Ensuring the processes from winning work, project delivery to project closure are followed according to client and Atkins requirements
- Reviewing client monthly reports to ensure they meet client requirements
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Security, aerospace & defence
Bristol or Cheltenham based (Home working currently).Bring your skills to 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) as one of our Resource Manager’s. You'll play a vital role as part of th
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs