Project Telecommunications Technician
Project Telecommunications Technician
For more than 40 years in Australia, SNC-Lavalin employees have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning projects. We think beyond engineering and push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and renewables.
SNC Lavalin has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Telecommunications Technician (minimum 20 years) to work for the Telecoms team delivering a range of services to various clients within the resources sector. As part of the Maintenance and Support team, this broad-based role will be involved in brownfield project delivery including high level design and project coordination, hands on involvement in implementation, interfacing with and occasional backfill for the maintenance part of the operation. Ultimately it’s about working as part of a team responsible for keeping all applicable communications and electronic systems working effectively and efficiently.
This position is predominantly based in Perth working 40-45 hours per 5 day week with occasional site travel required for project related work and possible maintenance backfill.
- Working as part of a small team to deliver brownfield projects, interpreting customer requirements and implement changes requests
- Factory Acceptance Testing, installation and system commissioning
- Design and project coordination for system upgrades, modifications and new system installations
- Provide occasional backfill for site-based maintenance personnel
- Reading, interpreting and maintaining integrity of drawings and documents
Education and Skills
- Cert IV in Communications, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with design and installation of O&G specific minor brownfields projects including permitting, change management, documentation, and updating drawings
- Experience in supporting at least two of the below systems would be advantageous:
- Radio UHF (Tetra), VHF, Microwave
- Radar, AIS, Satellite
- Access Control
- Registered ACMA Cabling license required, MSIC, EEHA and HUET an advantage
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Minimum 10 years maintenance experience on diverse RF and Electronic Systems
- Experience working in an operational O&G environment
- Restricted Electrical Licence
Why Join our team?
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees think beyond engineering. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction management, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across the EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear, and Resources businesses.
Our team is a diverse and driven group of individuals with leaders who are committed to the development of each employee. Our portfolio of projects across Australia is diverse, stimulating and continually growing due to our strong client relationships. We are excited about our future, now it’s your turn to be part of something big!
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great team environment. We have in place strong learning and development programs, training and career opportunities to keep you developing.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive.
Joining today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees, opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs