This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Under supervision, work with proposals team and technical staff to coordinate and develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing proposals and statements of qualification. Understands the marketing and business development process in marketing tools and systems and has full working knowledge of Vision info centers. This is an organizational and logistics-focused role.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX, Atlanta GA, Chicago, Ill, or Minneapolis, MN office as a Proposal Coordinator.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Under guidance of manager, drives pursuit process.
- Provide advanced Vision queries.
- May draft proposal assignment guide and schedule.
- Set up proposal kick-off and other pursuit meetings, reviews, meals if needed.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Assist with storyboard discussions.
- May assist with budget tracking and schedules, alerting proposal manager of status.
- Pull resumes and project descriptions from Vision.
- May conduct research.
- Coordinate with support services (legal, accounting, HR) on administrative sections of the pursuits (e.g., forms, statistics).
- Lay out the proposal using an InDesign template.
- Coordinate all graphics through the design artists.
- Coordinates and helps produce, package, and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that proposal submission deadlines are always achieved.
- Assist in development of PowerPoint presentations and coordinate any leave-behind materials with the graphic artists.
- Follow Atkins North America proposal development process and use consistent set of tools, including using best practice/ISBP principles.
- Assists with the proposal closeout process ensuring that it is complete.
- May lead less complex proposal efforts.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelors’ degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related major preferred with two years’ experience. Without a degree, twelve years of relevant experience; preferably supporting proposals in the A/E/C industry.
- Some knowledge of the engineering industry desirable; can understand the basics and can tell whether text is addressing the solicitation requirements. Good communication skills. Good command of English language.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Strong grammar and spelling abilities. Self-starter, multitasker, team player, works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks, keeps the team informed of changes. Good attention to detail. Shows desire to take on responsibility.
- Computer skills required and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Job requires ability to travel.
- If local travel is required and no company vehicle is available, the use of a personal vehicle may be required. The incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy. The vehicle must be in good working order and insured. Mileage reimbursement allowance will be available.
- Must be willing to work under the pressure of frequent deadlines and work extra hours as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs