Why join us?
We are hiring! The Proposal Coordinator is an integral part of our Nuclear team who will support federal and commercial proposals, many of which will have a heavy engineering and technology focus. This position is based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Serve as Proposal Coordinator for Tier 2 & 3 federal (principally DOE and its prime contractors) and commercial proposals, many of which will have a heavy engineering & technology focus
- Prior to RFP release: Working with capture manager, conduct SWOT analyses, help prepare teaming agreements and MOUs, help identify key proposal resources, help identify relevant projects and key personnel, enter and/or update opportunity information into BO database, participate in team strategy meetings, perform pre-RFP research, help define capture strategy and prepare capture plan, and coordinate the preparation of white papers that outline the team's technical approach
- Upon RFP release: Copy and distribute RFP to key proposal team members and coordinate RFP review by Contracts, Legal, Finance, Procurement, IT, HR, ES&H, and QA staff; conduct thorough review of RFP; prepare Compliance/Assignments Matrix and Proposal Schedule; and hold Kickoff Meeting. Coordinate the proposal process through to delivery, which may include coordination with and supervision of multiple technical authors. Write or lead the writing of proposal sections such as Resumes of Key Personnel, Experience, and Past Performance
- Following proposal submittal: Ensure distribution of internal proposal copies; archive project experience and resume information as boilerplate for use on future proposals; update BD database; request and participate in customer debriefings; and prepare distribute Lessons Learned summaries for management and proposal team
- Additional responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Sources Sought responses / Expressions of Interest
- Preparation of marketing brochures and PowerPoints for business development purposes
- Supporting the company’s participation at industry-specific symposia / events
- Preparation of original content for the company’s internal and external websites
- Other Communications-related support as directed
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Prefers some experience writing and coordinating DOE, other Federal, and commercial nuclear proposals in response to formal RFPs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat. Training in the Shipley Method and proficiency in graphics and scheduling software are also desirable
- Ability to coordinate the proposal process for proposal teams comprising staff with diverse technical and non-technical backgrounds, resulting in compliant preparation and on-time delivery of a high-quality proposal document within a short duration (often 30 days or less). Proposal teams may be collocated or virtual
- Experience coordinating Tier 2 & 3 federal and commercial nuclear proposals, many of which will have a strong engineering & technology focus. Must be able to work independently and interact well with engineers and scientists on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a high stress environment that may require after-hours and weekend work. Minimal travel may be required
- Experience interfacing with and serving as liaison between capture manager, proposal manager, technical authors, other contributing authors, graphics specialists, word processors, production specialists, and admin staff
- Proven ability to prepare RFP-compliant and technically accurate written materials and to make proposals interesting, compelling, and persuasive; excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs