Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated Proposal Coordinator to join our Mining & Metallurgy (M&M) team in North America. Reporting to the Manager of Proposals, in this role, you will lead and support proposal development with the ultimate goal of becoming our customers’ preferred engineering services partner.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Leads new and ongoing proposals from prospect to award and supports transition to execution.
- Diligently reviews customer inquiry documents to understand needs and schedule and requests clarifications as required.
- Participates in prospect prioritization and risk review.
- Writes and develops clear and persuasive proposal content that is technically correct and clearly conveys a compelling story that resonates with the customer.
- Develops and maintains a strong network and relationships across the company to coordinate participation of engineering, project delivery, and legal inputs to proposals.
- Facilitates kick-off and milestone review sessions throughout proposal development.
- Leads proposal document management.
- Gather feedback from the participants on each proposal for “lessons learned” to incorporate in future proposal efforts.
- Actively engages engineering and project delivery teams to stay abreast of key technical developments and new capabilities, which can be offered to customers.
- Collaborates extensively with the M&M Business Development Team and contributes to overall sales strategy and processes.
- Ensure that the companies Code of Ethics and Business Conduct as well as commitments to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) and climate change are adhered to at the highest level at all times.
What will you contribute?
- 2+ years mining, engineering, or heavy industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of engineering consulting business an asset
- Driven and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal, influencing, and trust-building skills
- Ability to understand, compile, and present diverse information in a logical and engaging written format
- Comfortable under time pressure and competing priorities
- Excellent organization, communication, and editing skills (Excel, MS Dynamics, and SharePoint knowledge an asset)
- Fluent in English (French and/or Spanish an asset) and located in Canada (Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver preferred)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs