Why join us?
The proposal manager has the responsibility of managing all phases of the company’s proposal process and oversees all proposal activities to develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing materials, proposals, statements of qualification, and presentations
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA Business Development Group as a Proposal Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- PURSUITS. Full ownership and leadership of proposal development, strategy, and delivery for pursuits over $1 million or deemed strategic. Work with capture managers and pursuit team to develop pursuit strategy, marketing campaigns, and capture issue, benefit, solutions, and proof. Ensure pursuits are accurately tracked through Vision. Follow Atkins North America proposal development process and use consistent set of tools. Plan, schedule, budget, outline, and lead storyboard and text development, management reviews, and proposal production. Oversee and maintain pursuit schedule while working within specified pursuit budget. Develop and/or approve proposal management plan. Assemble appropriate authors, section and volume leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other support personnel to successfully develop a proposal. Direct and manage pursuit team efforts overall. Lead the development and application of proposal/presentation themes. Develop organization chart with capture manager, project manager, and pursuit team. Coordinate communication between SMEs and proposal writers. Lead teams through strategic reviews (pink, red, green, gold, and IQR). Provide high impact, compelling writing on sections of the proposal and customize projects, resumes, and other text to be tailored to the client/pursuit objectives. Coordinate proposal information with any subconsultants. . Ensure delivered proposals are compliant, clear, and compelling. Participate in internal lessons learned debrief. Perform research and interview staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers. Identify weaknesses in a document and creative ways to improve. Coordinate all graphics and document layout through the graphic artists. Perform edit on near-final draft. May produce, package, and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that the proposal submission deadlines are always achieved. Lead development of PowerPoint presentations and coordinate any leave-behind materials with the graphic artists. Ensure the proposal closeout process is complete.
- MARKETING. Assist in the development and maintenance of marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, presentations, project layout sheets, print-on-demand sheets, etc.
- EVENTS. Assist BD/BU leads in selection of marketing materials and development and booth graphics and equipment. Assist in making necessary reservations. Assist in the selection and ordering of promotional items. Plan special events if required. Conduct debriefs post-event.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related major, plus four years’ experience within the firm or in a similar technical/marketing environment. Without a degree, fourteen years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills leading proposals in the industry.
- Experience leading pursuit responses – the larger and more complex, the more experience required. Experience managing teams to deliver by established deadlines.
- Demonstrated successful track record of Georgia Department of Transportation proposal leadership required.
- Strategic thinker; understands how to develop winning content. Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, motivate professional staff, and lead teams. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities. Job requires detail orientation and the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with a high consequence of error (which may result in the loss of considerable revenue to the firm).
- Computer skills required and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Vision Deltek, and other software programs.
- Understanding of A-E and project management industry standards and disciplines. Can translate abstract ideas or narrative text into graphical concepts to illustrate concepts more effectively. Works independently, yet functions effectively as a member of a team.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs