Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Our power experience represents approximately over 413,000 MW, 114,000 km of transmission and distribution lines and 2,500 substations. Currently SNC-Lavalin’s PGIS Group has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Manager to provide support on high voltage power transmission line and substation proposals.
Based out of the Burnaby office at 3777 Kingsway, the Proposal Manager will be responsible for RFP selection, proposal development, strategy and delivery. The successful candidate possesses the competencies and aptitude in order to handle the responsibilities outlined below, combined with a demonstrated ability to multitask, collaborate and develop creative solutions to complex problems. This position is suited to an experienced proposal manager with 10+ years of experience.
How will you contribute to the team?
The proposal manager has the responsibility of managing all phases of the division's proposal processes and oversees proposal activities to develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and high-quality marketing materials, proposals, statements of qualification, and presentations.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Full ownership and leadership of proposal development, strategy, and delivery.
- Ensure pursuits are accurately tracked through internal systems.
- Work with the wider proposal team to add project capture plan, benefits, solutions, and proof into the proposal, and deliver proposals on time that are compliant, clear, and compelling.
- Manage and comply with SNC-Lavalin’s internal proposal approval processes.
- Follow PGIS West’s proposal development process and use consistent set of tools.
- Plan, schedule, budget, outline, storyboard, develop text, for proposals, manage proposal production.
- Identify appropriate authors, section and volume leaders, subject matter experts and other support personnel to successfully develop a proposal.
- Coordinate communication between the team developing the proposal content, including external sub-consultants, and ensure integration of all content into the overall proposal.
- Develop graphical content (organization charts, info graphics, photographs) with project team.
- Lead teams through strategic reviews.
- Provides high impact, compelling writing on sections of the proposal and customizes projects.
- Perform research and interview staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Ensures resumes are kept up-to-date and enhances resumes and other text to be tailored to the client/pursuit objectives.
- Identify weaknesses in a document and provide creative improvements.
- Perform edits to create the final submission.
- Lead development of necessary presentations to support proposals.
- Produce, package and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that the proposal submission deadlines are always achieved.
- Lead internal lessons learned debrief.
- Attend and conduct a client debrief and capture information.
- Ensure the proposal closeout process is complete.
- Mentor staff, including technical staff, proposal coordinators, and content specialists, by advising on and reviewing proposal management plans, schedules, outlines, compliance, matrices and storyboards, proposal process, strategy.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (civil, structural, electrical, mechanical).
- Background/degree in marketing or business preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Efficient with acute attention to detail.
- Proactive nature, particularly with regards to process improvement.
- Flexible with the ability to work well under pressure in order to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs