Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Business Development Group as a Proposal Manager.
- The proposal manager has the responsibility of managing all phases of the company’s proposal process and oversees all proposal activities to develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing materials, proposals, statements of qualification, and presentations.
- Work involves knowledgeable application of quality control as well as standard procedures and criteria to the coordination of proposals which are of critical importance to the firm.
- PURSUITS - Full ownership and leadership of proposal development, strategy, and delivery for pursuits over $1 million or deemed strategic. Work with capture managers and pursuit team to develop project capture plan, pursuit strategy, marketing campaigns, and capture issue, benefit, solutions, and proof. May participate in development of strategic account analysis gold sheet. Ensures pursuits are accurately tracked through Vision. Follow Atkins North America proposal development process and use consistent set of tools, including using best practice/ISBP principles. Plan, schedule, budget, outline, and lead storyboard and text development, management reviews, and proposal production. Oversee and keep pursuit schedule and budget. Develop and/or approve proposal management plan. Assemble appropriate authors, section and volume leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs). And other support personnel to successfully develop a proposal. Directs and manages pursuit team efforts overall. Lead the development and application of proposal/presentation themes. Develop organization chart with capture manager, project manager, and pursuit team. Coordinate communication between SMEs and proposal writers. Lead teams through strategic reviews (pink, red, green, gold, and IQR). Provides high impact, compelling writing on sections of the proposal and customizes projects, resumes, and other text to be tailored to the client/pursuit objectives. Coordinate proposal information with any subconsultants. Mentor assigned pursuit staff, including technical staff, proposal coordinators, and content specialists, by advising on and reviewing proposal management plans, schedules, outlines, compliance, matrices and storyboards, proposal process, strategy. High impact writing, and best practice/ISBP principles, and coaching leadership skills. Ensure delivered proposals are compliant, clear, and compelling. Lead internal lessons learned debrief. Attend and ensure project manager conduct a client debrief; capture information in Vision record. Perform research and interview staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers. Identify weaknesses in a document and creative ways to improve. Coordinate all graphics and document layout through the graphic artists. Perform edit on near-final draft. May produce, package and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that the proposal submission deadlines are always achieved. Lead development of PowerPoint presentations and coordinate any leave-behind materials with the graphic artists. Ensure the proposal closeout process is complete. May function as capture manager, business unity or sector liaison. Conducts pink, red, gold, and IQRs. Supports work-sharing to balance workloads. May establish staff performance goals and objectives commensurate with market goals.
- COMMUNCATIONS - Assist in development of press releases or communications for project wins, milestones, completions, awards, strategic new hires, and employee awards. Assist in development of articles for distribution through our online thought leadership platform, intranet and corporate websites. Assist in development of conference presentations (and rehearsals if necessary).
- MARKETING - Assist in the development and maintenance of marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, presentations, project layout sheets, print-on-demand sheets, etc.
- EVENTS - Assist BD/BU leads in selection of marketing materials and development and booth graphics and equipment. Assist in making necessary reservations. Assist in the selection and ordering of promotional items. Plan special events if required. Conduct debriefs post-event.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related major, plus four years’ experience within the firm or in a similar technical/marketing environment. Without a degree, fourteen years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills leading proposals in the industry.
- Experience leading pursuit responses – the larger and more complex, the more experience required.
- Experience managing teams to deliver by established deadlines.
- Strategic thinker; has understanding of how to develop winning content. Excellent communication, leadership,interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, motivate professional staff, and lead teams. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities.
- Job requires detail orientation and the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with a high consequence of error (which may result in the
- loss of considerable revenue to the firm).
- Computer skills required and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Vision Deltek, and other software programs.
- Understanding of A-E and project management industry standards and disciplines. Can translate abstract ideas or narrative text into graphical concepts to illustrate concepts more effectively.
- Works independently, yet functions effectively as a member of a team.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.