QA Project Manager
As one of the world's leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, Atkins offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
The Atkins ADS&T business has been experiencing a period of sustained growth across various market sectors. We specialise in the delivery of information system solutions that utilise a wide range of technologies. Our drive is to deliver innovative, high-quality solutions to our clients that meet their operational needs and align with their corporate culture.
We require a QA Project Manager who will join our growing Software and Digital Engineering practice and drive the development and full commercial exploitation of the product/products they are responsible for. The key success criteria is to develop and sell new value propositions through one or more product derivatives and associated services.
The right candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package.
- Manage projects including software development and delivery of software products, including associated services in line with ISO standard requirements and TickIT Plus.
- Undertake all quality assurance activities required for all software products developed by the business
- Audit projects under TickIT Plus (TickIT Plus Auditor Training will be provided)
- Drive and implement continuous improvements especially those that impact on the quality of our software products
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to maximise the return on our software product development
- Growing the returns from software products including proactively pursing business development opportunities
- Motivate and lead development teams as a Line Manager as well as mentoring more junior team members when needed
- Four or more years of project management experience in an ISO 9001 QA system.
- Experienced in Agile and V-Model software life-cycles.
- Ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and communicate intelligently.
- Ability to produce work to an exceptionally high standard at agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Extensive experience of project management best practice including QA and testing.
The following skills are also seen as desirable:
- Ability to understand and interpret standards and drive successful process improvement activities
- Show strong ability in project planning, budgeting, quality, risk management and mitigation, testing and quality assurance.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, internal/external project stakeholders and internal teams. This includes project status presentations.
- Ensure expectations of key stakeholders are exceeded, kept informed of progress and included in all pre-agreed sign off stages of project development.
- Create robust lines of communication to ensure clarity and project progress on a regular basis.
- Manage new business pitches and business development opportunities within Atkins and with clients.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and level of professionalism;
- Solid problem solving, analytical and creative thinking ability;
- Excellent communicator in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
- Ability and willingness to quickly understand and produce technical documentation l.
Atkins has a generous benefits scheme which includes:
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible leave scheme – buy up to 15 days additional leave or sell up to 5 days
- Contributory Occupational Pension Scheme where Atkins will pay double your standard contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Professional fees paid - one professional fee related to technical discipline
- Give as you earn - charity contributions
- BUPA health insurance discount
- Discount share incentive plan (after 6 months service)
- Bike4Work scheme
- Health Club Membership Discount – the best Corporate rate on over 1,700 participating health clubs, spas and gyms.
- Leisure discounts – 15% off Virgin Experience Days, discounts available on Thomas Cook holidays, get between 25%- 50% off Merlin Entertainments (including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres etc)
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to clients offices may also be required. Security clearance will be required.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.