QC/QA Inspector (Mechanical/Piping)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is looking for a QA/QC Inspector to join the West White Rose Project's Quality team on the project site in Argentia, NL.
- The QA/QC Inspector will ensure the development and preparation of all project quality requirements are implemented and managed.
MAIN TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
- Create and implement ITPs relative to Piping and Structural Installation
- Monitoring of Welding program
- Assist with internal and external audits as required
- Ensure quality requirements are known, understood, and followed within area of responsibility
- Ensure that project quality requirements are implemented and managed
- Evaluate material and test results on a continuous basis and advise construction on production improvement
- Provide quality reporting as required
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of QC Procedures and Plans
- Ensure that regular inspections and tests are being performed and reported
- Identify critical quality issues in a proactive manner to facilitate improvements
- Ensure good subcontractor relations, both internal and external
- Assist production team with quality and performance matters
- Assure fabrication records from inspections and tests are being prepared and verified
- Report non-conforming products and assist in corrective actions
- Diploma in Welding Engineering Technician or related field or combination of related work experience and training, preference given to Welding/Mechanical
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience from performance of Mechanical QC work within Operations/Large Structural/Piping Projects
- CWB Certification is a requirement, preferrably level 2
- Experience working with Non Destructive Testing (NDT), and varying methods
- Experience making and presenting documentation of mechanical works for offshore structures
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications for the role will be due by Friday January 17th at 9am NL time.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.