MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure that detailed quality related activities are undertaken on the projects, assuring that the product offered by the construction department complies with the contractual requirements of the client and that the company IMS are fully implemented.
- Ensure that all necessary inspections as identified in the approved Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) are attended by a suitable QA/QC inspector
- Ensure that the production quality being offered for inspection meets the clients requirements.
- Ensure that all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS) are documented and recorded.
- Ensure that the QEIL system is updated with any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Coordinate with the client representative to ensure inspections are carried expediently.
- Coordinate the Generation of client Requests For Inspections (RFI) where required providing sufficient notice for Hold, witness and inspection Points.
- Ensure that inspections are carried out for the closure of Exception Items (EI) as documented in the QEIL and sign off as closed when activity is complete.
- Ensure that surveillance inspections are continually carried out on the project recording and documenting any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Review the calibration status of any test equipment being utilized on the project.
- Provide support and advice to the construction personnel in relation to Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Maintain a good working relationship with all and Client personnel.
- Maintain good record keeping of activities carried out and inspection reports, surveillance reports, etc.
- Attend and participate in all required client and company meetings
- Ensure that all project audits are carried out in accordance with the project Audit Schedule and the schedule is up to date.
- Follow up on all audit findings ensuring that action is taken and reoccurrence is minimized.
- Assist in obtaining approval on the project IMS Program, and incorporate comments as necessary. 17. Continually review the project IMS Program to ensure that all necessary amendments are carried out and the document is up to date.
- Coordinate the client approval of QA/QC personnel where required.
- Prepare and issue all necessary weekly and monthly reports
- Actively promote the use and implementation of the IMS
- Review QA/QC inspector performance and report findings to Country QA/QC Manager, where necessary initiate training to augment their skills.
- Maintain all project logs as up to date e.g. NCR/Improvement Log, Customer Feedback Log
- Ensure that follow up is carried out on all open issues pertaining to the IMS and report any open issues to the Project Manager and Country QA/QC Manager
- Ensure all quality records are maintained, up-to date, traceable and retrievable.
- Provide adequate on the job training for Trainee inspectors
- Carry out all necessary IMS inductions
- Comply with all Project HSE requirements i.e. PPE, work Permits etc. Uncontrolled Copy
- Promote the use HSE practices
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Project QA/QC Supervisors shall be a University Degree holder or equivalent
- Shall be fully conversant with applicable Industry Standards and Specifications Computer literate, familiar with proprietary administration software.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communicator.
- Maintain a good standard of written and spoken English
- Have demonstrated knowledge and training in the ISO-9000 Series international standards, or equivalent
- Be familiar with Quality System standards and be able to exercise judgment against the criteria of the standards
- The Project QA/QC Supervisor shall meet as a minimum the following years of relevant experience 1: e.g. oil, gas and petrochemical projects, Infrastructure, communication …etc.2: Should the Project QA/QC Supervisors not possess Degree qualifications, 5 years experience in contract scope work combined with 3 years inspection experience shall be considered acceptable.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs