Quality & Procurement Coordinator
Quality & Procurement Coordinator
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Working closely with and supporting the Operations Manager and Maintenance Supervisors, this role will play an integral role in the day to day operation of 2 sites by leading the procurement function as well as assisting with the production of monthly KPI reports. This position will also be the liaison for various customer audits when required as well as assist with meeting the teams Health and Safety objectives.
Based out of Kitchener (Possibly St. Thomas)
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Procurement of goods/services based on direction of supervisors/managers including quotation process.
- Assist/lead RFP process for new and renewing contract.
- Receive purchase orders and resolve invoice discrepancies and/or payment issues.
- Vendor sourcing/management – ensure compliance per company protocols.
Quality – Working closely with Operations Managers –
- Assist with and produce monthly reports for KPI tracking.
- Manage electronic document management.
- Performs internal audits and assist with customer audits.
- Assist with and act as back-up for developing monthly KPI reporting; Gathers and reports KPI data for the Portfolio.
- Develops new and revises existing policies and procedures.
- Lead and maintain H&S compliance – policies, Job Safety Hazard forms.
- Work with FM and supervisors to organize preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Assist with various communications.
What will you contribute?
We are looking for the right person with the right attitude to join our team. Some of the ideal skills are listed below which will help with the requirements listed above however, we are looking for someone with a willingness to learn, a desire to think critically, problem solve and make their mark on our team.
Other requirements include:
Must haves –
- Minimum 2 years experience in an office setting (Facilities Management industry preferred) with exposure to a purchasing/operations role and/or a support role.
- Purchasing goods/services and contracts as well as knowledge of general contract terms and conditions.
- Proficient with MS Excel (creating spreadsheets, formulas etc) and Word. Familiarity with typical purchasing software (JDE considered an asset).
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
Additional skills –
- Demonstrated ability to document process procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel as required (minimal).
- Excellent customer service skills (internal & external customers), communication skills (verbal & written).
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs