Purpose of the Job:
Provide support to the technical delivery function of the Practice by quality assurance review (not technical content), formatting, structure and checklist review prior to formal Technical Assurance (Governance) review by nominated TA. Also support the Technical Assurance Manager with updating and applying processes and procedures consistently across all Resilience Engineering disciplines from a Quality Assurance perspective.
Main Duties of the role:
- Be the main point of contact for business and project related queries and interface with the project team to coordinate the control of documentation.
- Assist in compliance with Atkins Governance Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate, manage and report on all document requirements for a project, ensuring they are completed professionally, efficiently, to schedule, and that they are fit for purpose and compliant with relevant policy and legislation.
- Create, update and manage the Documentation Register and be responsible for validating at technical review meetings.
- Update and/or create quality documentation as required.
- Assist in the management of the Share Point library.
- Assist in realigning documents to ensure consistency.
- Create new templates and forms, as required, working with the Practice Innovation member of staff.
- Participate in all review meeting and record actions, as required.
- Checking the quality of documents.
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring of documentation.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
What can you bring?
- Experience of providing a high quality and efficient business support.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Effective Communication, across a variety of cultures, people and areas.
- Effective checklist reviewer of deliverables prior to the formal Governance process.
Someone with excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, you’ll be able to build relationships effectively across a variety of cultures, people and areas. We are a dynamic and fast-paced Practice within a growing business. You also need to be comfortable and adaptable to working in new and changing environments with:
- Great interpersonal skills (tact, integrity, confidentiality, patience and ability to get on well with all levels of staff).
- Proactive, organised and efficient.
- Able to pre-empt actions required and act accordingly.
- Able to keep calm under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities and tasks.
- Discretion when exposed to confidential information.
- Ability to pick up corporate systems quickly.
- Willingness to develop personally in role.
These are standard to all Atkins Job Descriptions.
- To adhere to the Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act and to ensure that all new systems are reported to your Data Protection Controller.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs