You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Atkins have an opening for a Quality Manager as part of our Strategic Highways business in support of a number of Asset Delivery commissions we have for Highway England. This is a growth area and the role will support the development of this function for use across future contracts. The role will require working collaboratively with the client; including time spent working in client offices; in providing assurance on the design deliverables produced and to support continual improvement in the service.
- Quality Manager with overall responsibility for complying with contract quality requirements the East Region Design Services Contract and Concrete Roads Programme
- Understand Client needs and requirements to develop and maintain effective quality control processes and procedures
- Align processes and procedures to Atkins business requirements to develop Integrated Management System support consistency across other asset delivery contracts
- Maintain adherence to ISO standards covering Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment as well as legal obligations
- Manage the contract Quality Plan and Quality Management System
- Manage risk based and external audit programme agreeing and allocating any subsequent corrective actions
- Undertake internal audits and produce audit finding reports and be First point of contact for Client audits
- Collect, analyse, review and disseminate performance data
- Manage the contract nonconformance and quality management points process
- Facilitate root cause analysis investigations
- Support the team in the development and completion of corrective action plans
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
- Capture and record innovation, continuous improvement and best practice
- Support the team with quality control activities
- Participate with the wider business in delivering improvement in performance metrics for Strategic Highways contracts in support of future opportunities
- ISO9001 Internal/Lead auditor (essential)
- Strong knowledge of ISO9001, ISO45001 & ISO14001
- Experience with working on asset management and maintenance service provider contracts
- Lean training (desirable)
- Data analysis/visualisation
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Highways standards (DMRB) awareness
- Highways sector schemes awareness
- H&S legislation/CDM awareness
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Visio
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs