Quality Training Instructor
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management, trade labour and quality inspection. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Quality Manager and input from the Series Training Supervisor, the Quality Training Instructor will execute the delivery of quality training to the Quality Control Inspectors (QCI’s) and Quality Control Supervisors (QCS’s). This includes continuous improvement of training activities for the Bruce Power FCFR Series execution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality & technical support to series training department resources.
- Support resolution of document revisions with the trainers and series leads.
- Development of Quality training material including lesson plans, practical evaluations and written exams.
- Participate in series training review meetings to document training related lessons learned and identifies potential subsequent Quality training developments.
- Identify any gaps with Technical, Quality or Human Performance training requirements to successfully educate Quality Control Inspectors and Quality Control Supervisors with the detailed operation of the refurbishment scopes of work.
- Liaise with operations and implementation leads to ensure training programs will meet project needs.
- Use available metrics and analysis to identify and drive a continuous improvement training strategy.
- Deliver all training courses in an engaging manner to ensure retention of content.
- Leverage past technical & quality OPEX (QCI’s, mockups, factory acceptance trials, etc) to enhance the training program
- Support the identification of technical & quality training requirements and creating material to successfully educate QCI’s & QCS’s to perform their assigned tasks safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Deliver entry and advanced level courses in accordance with the Series Training plan as it relates to quality requirements.
- Assists to ensure that multimedia technology and authoring tools are used to incorporate high quality graphics, animations/simulations, drawings, pictures, and other graphical representations into the training material to clarify concepts, support and enhance written and oral information. This includes personal demonstration of the understanding of the course content.
- Promotes a culture of safety, quality, team participation, and motivation in all aspects of training.
- Interfaces with construction and project management to address training requirements and determine appropriate methods of delivery.
- Participates in training content reviews with quality, construction and other stakeholders to ensure training adequacy, effectiveness and accuracy.
- Ensures storage and revision control of all documents is as per issued instruction.
- Maintains good order and is responsible to conduct training in a professional manner while in the training environment.
- Various work locations in both field and office.
- Travel as necessary
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as directed by the Quality Manager and Series Training Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of industrial quality with experience in construction and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Post-secondary education in a technical or training-related field
- Previous Candu reactor refurbishment training knowledge or reactor re-tube experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player who demonstrates leadership
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
- Quality Management, Project Managers, construction personnel
- Quality Control Inspectors and Quality Control Supervisors
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.