Quantity Surveyor - Employers Agent
Quantity Surveyor - Employers Agent
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to recent business wins within the residential / extra care sector we are seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor/Employers Agent within our Leeds office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a strong ambition to progress and is looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion.
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered or working towards membership of the RICS.
- Experience with both private and public sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Experience in working on projects within the Housing, Care/Extra Care and Property sectors.
- Commercially aware you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs, coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software eg: CATO
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member with the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- An ability to influence others using sound judgement and good sense.
- An individual who is keen to develop their professional network to support business growth and their own career.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs