Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected engineering, design and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support.
The individual we seek is a motivated, eager to develop, results driven and willing to embrace innovation in design. They should be able to demonstrate the following:
- To assist in the measurement and valuation of the works to deliver contractual entitlement.
- To support the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture.
- To support the management of subcontractors as required.
- To support the bid and tender process and feed in as required.
- To assist the Commercial Team in carrying out their normal commercial and contractual duties, in assisting the operational management team as required, in complying with the Company Values, and in ensuring maximum recovery of all contractual entitlement.
- To assist the Pre-Contract commercial team in Bid preparation and submission.
- To support the commercial team on a bid or a contract.
- To contribute to the capture of costs accurately and efficiently.
- To ensure data is captured accurately as agreed with the commercial team.
- To demonstrate an appreciation of the commercial processes involved with effectively managing a Bid or Contract.
- Degree qualification or studying towards (RICS or equivalent) is desirable.
- 3 Years quantity surveying experience.
- Competent in basic computer skills.
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Methodical style of working.
- Awareness of industry issues.
- Good health and safety awareness.
- Experience in a Contracting QS role.
- Experience of Design and Build Contracts.
- Experience of Target Cost contracts.
- Ensure compliance with the Company systems, processes and procedures.
- Assist in endeavouring to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations.
- Collate and file all contemporary records.
- Assist in the bid and tender process and feed in as required.
- Assist in providing commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators.
- Support the commercial team in ensuring cost capture processes are complied with.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times.
- Assist in providing all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (Reporting, Cashflows and Forecasts, etc.) as directed.
- Assist in collating all information required to generate applications for payment.
- Assist in submitting with each application for payment final anticipated Client outturn costs as directed.
- Assist in submitting in a timely manner Change Requests, with price and programme effects, for subsequent agreement as directed.
- Assist in the commercial management of the Subcontract Accounts.
- Appreciation of the Company Bid Governance process.
- Promote a team-working environment.
- Promote the Company safety culture.
- Participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- Team player.
- Motivation and desire to succeed.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs