Working out of SNC- Lavalin's office in Rochester, NV, and with members of SNC-Lavalin Inc. and providing engineering, procurement and overall project management services for the Rochester POA11 Project in Nevada, US by Coeur Rochester, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coeur Mining, Inc. As part of our project management services, we will integrate the engineering performed by various service providers under one set of specifications, procurement policies, standards, systems and procedures.
The project is anticipated to include a 20M T/year crushing plant with primary and secondary crushing circuits, as well as a high-pressure grinding roll (HPGR) circuit, a 13,750 gpm Merrill-Crowe process plant, a new substation with power distribution and new heap leach pad.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will report to the Construction & Project Manager and under minimum supervision you are responsible as the Quantity Surveyor for large mining project related to civil, structural piping and electrical quantity reporting.
What will be your contribution?
- Preparing baseline quantity reports and reporting on change during the life of the project.
- Validating quantities claimed by Trade Contractors against actual quantities completed in the field for invoice and progress validation.
- Preparing cost estimates and preparation of pricing documents such as for post award changes.
- Awareness of project costs outside of direct construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Understanding of large industrial construction projects.
- Being a good ambassador for SNC Lavalin, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organization’s policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organization’s policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Able to work on an industrial construction site.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organization’s values.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). Or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs