Our Canada team is growing! Faithful+Gould seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Quantity Surveyor. This position serves as the client’s main contact for providing cost management services, including cost forecasting, and reporting, change management, close out administration, procurement management, invoice validation, earned value and value engineering. This position will be based out of our project client site in Chalk River, must be flexible to travel regionally as needed. This is an immediate full-time internal Faithful+Gould position with full benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
- Overseas the direction of a quantity surveying team or function within a group, office or region.
- Develops and implements the quantity surveying business plans and activities.
- Serves as a team leader on large projects with the preparation of contracts, cost forecasting and estimates, procurement, quantity takeoffs, pricing and benchmarking.
- Analyzes status data and trends, presenting monthly reviews to management.
- Has overall responsibility and management of all quantity surveying staff.
- Performs work that involves applying acquired and diversified knowledge and experience in contracts administration and the coordination of related activities.
- Work is highly advanced, involving the solution of unusual technical problems, or involving management and coordination of usually large or complex projects, or unique management requirements and/or client needs.
- Work with proposal teams in the planning and execution for new business price proposals, cost narratives and pricing strategies.
- Performs and coordinates price proposal reviews before submittal to the client. May assist in job set-up, funds tracking and reporting to the client.
- Analyze and monitor subcontractor performance; evaluate service/product offerings and specifications.
- Work with client contract managers and procurement specialists to resolve contractual matters.
- Support project managers with contract budgeting.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accessible in company repository. This includes the contract and all pertinent sign off documentation and work papers.
- Provide advice on and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accessible in company repository. This includes all pertinent sign off documentation and work papers.
- Monitor scope creep and scope changes.
- Coordinate with program/project manager sot ensure contract requirements are filled.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Ensure timely processing of technical reports and deliverables.
- Reviews and issues cost reports to the construction team.
- Reviews the cash flow and issues, with the cost report, to the client’s finance/construction team.
- Reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Provides procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Lead regular cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts.
- Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to insure all cost control requirements are incorporated.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
- 15 years’ relevant experience
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant professional body
- Highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem-solving, and strong decision-making abilities
- Experience with Primavera is preferred.
-Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, OracleUnifer and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills regarding the management of cost processes.
- Must have strong cost management, scheduling and project planning and estimating skills.
- Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status.- Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and or schedules.
- Must have an understanding of Administration of Construction Contracts.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Advanced use of Excel to generate and update reporting tools.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
-Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
-Time-off benefits that start with two weeks’ vacation, one week sick leave and 8 paid holidays
-401 (k) with employer match up to 3%
-Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
-Career development opportunities through our corporate university
-Highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
-Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
-Company culture rooted in professionalism, positivity and collaboration.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.