This vacancy has now expired... why not:
A QS will be working within the Commercial Services Team, the role is primarily focussed on supporting the Team Management in the delivery of Pre-Contract Services, being an integral part of the increasing successful management of existing projects services and to aid the delivery of a range of services and projects across the KSA region:
- MRICS or currently undergoing APC;
- To integrate existing team;
- BSc in Quantity Surveying and / or a proven track record of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience of managing Contracts;
- Understanding of contract preparation, procurement procedures and contract administration;
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily;
- Methodical way of thinking;
- Good knowledge of construction;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Client face position;
- Coordination of QS team(s);
- Good financial and numeracy management skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills;
- Computer literate (COST X software, will be advantageous).
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Prepare design stage cost plans, including associated reporting;
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities;
- Undertake cost analysis for new, repair and maintenance project work;
- Use and knowledge of COST X - measurement and issue of relevant reports;
- Coordination of QS team(s);
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Assisting with Contract Administration including management of Early Warning and Request for Changes processes.
- Assist in and monitoring Design Request for Changes procedures;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costing for tenders;
- Prepare and issue relevant Tender Analysis Report;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- Prepare and analyse Variation Orders and Instructions;
- Attending design team and progress meetings as necessary
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Assisting in production of lessons learnt report for post contract review.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants