Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a business that engenders a culture of inclusion and empowerment and offers you a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor within our Southampton office. You will be joining an established Commercial Services Team which can offer you exposure to a varied and diverse workload across all property and industry sectors. Out client base is regional, national and international; many of which are multi-national blue-chip clients.
You will be dealing with all aspects of pre and post contract surveying and cost management, including managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior managers. You'll hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
You will have the necessary ambition and drive to not only deliver a high-quality professional service but also support the office with business development and marketing activities to help grow the team in Glasgow and be able to demonstrate:
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Conversant in all aspects of Quantity Surveying with extensive experience of working in one, or more, sectors of property and industry.
- Experience in use of and knowledge of JCT and NEC3 suite of contracts.
- Track record at delivering projects to time and budget.
- Demonstrate a highly motivated, pro active approach to clients.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team worker.
- Flexible approach to work and an ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to provide innovative solutions.
- Have a conscientious and attentive attitude to work at all times.
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
- Flexibility on being office or site based.
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required.
- IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Quantity Surveying related software packages (CostX etc.).
- Proficient working with BIM enabled software.
- Experience in industry is desirable but not essential.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs