Quantity Surveyor - Property
Quantity Surveyor - Property
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We’re looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Cost & Commercial Management (CCM) team. The role will be based from our Leeds Office, which has a large portfolio of private and public sector clients and is at the forefront of our national delivery to the Property sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
You will be able to lead and provide effective delivery of Quantity Surveying services across a wide range of market sectors and support on complex multi-faceted projects.
To join us you’ll need:
- A relevant construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institutions i.e. RICS.
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
- Experience of both public and private sector clients.
- Experience in working on projects within the Education, Property and/or Housing sectors.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- A general knowledge of current construction contracts such as NEC + JCT.
- An understanding of current construction tools and initiatives such as BIM and Project soft-landings.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others using sound judgement and good sense.
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative.
- An individual who is keen to develop their professional network to support business growth and their own career.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs