Quantity Surveyor- Rail
Quantity Surveyor- Rail
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of encouraging career development. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, and development of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects in York, we are looking for an exceptional Quantity Surveyor to join our highly successful team which are based in any of the following offices Warrington/Manchester/Leeds/York.
Our projects range in value of £1m to £50m+ across a variety of high-profile clients therefore giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across the infrastructure projects, particularly Rail.
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services for major clients
- Work as part of the transportation team
- Plan, organise and control own workload under supervision
- Provide a professional interface with other disciplines and the client's representative
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Provide full efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice
- A recognised degree and/or professional qualified to the suited Chartered Body, in Quantity Surveying management or be qualified by experience
- On target to obtain suitable qualification in their profession (degree and/or professional qualified to the suited Chartered Body) as a minimum
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and document preparation skills
- Has proactively contributed to successful delivery of a project and/or programme in a similar operating environment to Network Rail
- Knowledge of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Responsible for own high quality output and understanding of how his/her outputs contributes to programme and/or project objectives
- Holds service management responsibilities including but not limited to reporting
- Strong interpersonal qualities demonstrable through their daily actions and engagement with individuals
- Conversant in all aspects of quantity surveying
- Ability to prepare rail related estimates under supervision
- Experienced in utilising software systems e.g. CATO, RIB CSuite etc
- Broad understanding of the Rail Sector
- Broad understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly NEC
- Ability to contribute to the preparation, monitoring and forecasting against budgets during design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning phases of a project
- Ability to contribute to financial and commercial reports
- Ability to contribute towards Anticipated Final Cost reports for client review
- Provide and manage cost frameworks, systems and resources to deliver an effective Cost Control (including change control) and reporting service to clients
- Effective and efficient commercial administration of projects
- Should be able to accept responsibility where appropriate
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades
- Ability to work under supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate to both immediate superiors and subordinates
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
Flexible to be office or site based as per the needs of the business and client. Role requires regular travel to client offices in York
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs