Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we are dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you will benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
As one of the largest project and cost management consultancies in the world, Faithful+Gould has the strength to deliver leading projects. But, despite our international scope, we take immense pride in the smaller details too. If you’re the kind of person who shares our ambition for grand designs, but appreciate the importance of focusing on the finer points, you could fit right in.
Due to recent business wins and a large range of existing projects we are seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor within our Belfast office. We have opportunities to support a variety of projects specifically within the Transportation, Infrastructure sectors. These business sectors involve working on strategically important projects, which are high profile within the clients’ organisations. By the very nature of the projects you will be expected to perform pre and post contract services for the client and form part of a team approach to project delivery. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience in the specific areas to progress their career.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, for larger, more complex or challenging commissions or projects.
- Dealing with all aspects of cost management including leading a project team,where appropriate.
- Taking the lead, setting the pace, and monitoring all work executed, at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
- Undertaking a wide range of duties.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Good understanding and practical application of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety and the safety of those who report to you.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Generating repeat business.
- Developing new business opportunities.
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions under guidance of senior colleagues.
- Complying with the company’s commercial guidelines as they apply to your role.
- Controlling workload and resources.
- Developing key industry contacts.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Assisting to implement the business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the business strategy, and looking for market opportunities.
- Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
- Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Well established commitment to the profession and proven ability in effectively delivering associated services.
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects in different sectors and/or assistance on major commissions or projects with defined levels of responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgably advise the client.
- Familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Familiarity and effective use of the organisation's (company) Policies, and corporate systems and processes for delivering tasks.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- High standard of proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Customer management, including managing expectations.
- Ability to generate repeat business, develop new business opportunities and represent the company during bid interviews.
- Sound comprehension of Faithful+Gould's financial management procedures.
- Full understanding of services to be provided and associated resource requirements.
- Good understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Pro-active in terms of generating new ideas and adapting to change.
- Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff.
- Ability to effectively manage a team on major/complex commissions or projects.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould , part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs