Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
Atkins’ Transportation is our centre of excellence for the design of highway and rail infrastructure projects. We aim to be the first choice designer for local and national highway authorities, Network Rail, contractors and developers. We are working on a number of high profile projects and frameworks nationwide, including Cambridge to Huntingdon A14 upgrade and Smart Motorways programme through the Collaborative Delivery Framework for Highways England, Cross Rail, Great Western Electrification Programme, HS2 and related projects.
Due to continued growth at Atkins we are now looking for Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor to be part of our Transportation team, delivering on projects within the Transportation sector.
We are interested in talking to candidates with the right construction industry and quantity surveying experience at this level, to be able to leverage and improve their skills and aptitude to achieve best in class commercial performance.
• Operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
• Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications
• Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
• Prepare, submit and agree interim valuations
• Prepare, submit and agree Final account submissions
• Assist Commercial Manager and Project Manager with advice and contractual support for project issues
• Support the bidding process
• Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions and GRN etc.
• Maintain adequate records in respect of project issues a`nd commercial processes
• Support Project Cost Control Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
• Internal and external commercial periodic reporting
• Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
• Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
• Appropriate Degree and/or other academic and/or professional qualification
• Significant experience in a Quantity Surveying role
• Experience of working in a Design and Build environment. Knowledge/experience of the rail industry is preferable though not essential.
• Customer facing experience with a “win-win” philosophy and “can-do” attitude
• Good communicator at all levels, able to promote development of Atkins profile
• Commensurate IT skills
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles