Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is a market-leading player in providing expert quantity surveying services to clients across the globe. Our continuing success in securing consultancy work and new projects within London and the South East means we are expanding our team. Our Epsom office is, therefore, seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor & Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our highly successful team in Epsom. Some of the projects you will be working on are high profile and in excess of £100m capital value - this is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience of providing quantity surveying and estimating services to clients and an opportunity to build your career in this field, joining a global consultancy; in return we will provide the necessary support to develop your career to the next level.
Faithful+Gould is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people - we place great emphasis on developing individuals to progress through the business – we invest in our staff and help you get to where you want to be whilst giving you the freedom and flexibility to practice your profession and make the most of your potential. Our new Epsom office will give staff more modern, efficient and flexible working spaces. The design is intended to meet the highest sustainability targets, including BREEAM Excellent and an A rated Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Epsom office is set in a beautiful location, with fantastic travel links (whether you’re travelling by car or public transport) to London and the rest of the UK. The office’s current client base covers a variety of different sectors, including Infrastructure, Education, Commercial Office fit out, Corporate Real Estate, Retail, Residential, Aviation and Healthcare.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership or equivalent recognised institutional body.
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgeably advise the client.
- Strong customer management skills, including managing expectations.
- Ability to represent the company during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
- Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Experience of cost measurement software (e.g. CostX) would be preferred.
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management.
- Experience within one or more sectors including Education, Commercial, Residential, Aviation and Healthcare.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- An understanding of current construction tools and initiatives such as BIM and Project soft-landings.
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues.
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing the commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
Please note that the salary package is competitive.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job open date: 30/09/2019
Job closing date: 29/10/2019