Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Are you looking to drive forward your early career at a world leading cost consultancy? Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to business growth, we are seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Rail Commercial Services team in London. The London Office has a large portfolio of infrastructure and rail clients. It is at the forefront of our national delivery to the rail sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services. Our focus is on the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to rail projects and clients, from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to broaden their surveying experience and grow their career at a global construction consultancy. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level. Faithful+Gould is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people. We place great emphasis on developing individuals to progress through the business. We invest in our staff and help you get to where you want to be whilst giving you the freedom and flexibility to practice your profession and make the most of your potential.
You will be asked to:
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services for major clients
- Plan, organise and control own workload under supervision
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Develop and maintain our reputation through developing business opportunities
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent)
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients at senior level
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- A sound technical quantity surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract administration
- Experience of infrastructure works would also be beneficial and a knowledge of NEC form of contract
Rewards & Benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.