Quantity Surveyors (QS, Senior QS, Managing QS)
Quantity Surveyors (QS, Senior QS, Managing QS)
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. We’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise and place great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff to do so. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to significant recent wins and a strong pipeline of work we are looking for confident and ambitious Quantity Surveyors and Cost Managers at Managing QS, Senior QS and QS levels to join our East Midlands team in Nottingham.
We are seeking high calibre candidates, with past experience in the food retail and corporate real estate sectors to help lead a diverse and exciting range of projects and programmes ranging from £1m to £50m+ supporting a variety of high profile local and national clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a collaborative, dynamic and sociable team. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible benefits, breadth of development and experience opportunities with the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
- Provide a full range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion, working both as part of a team and individually
- Prepare feasibility costs and benchmarking reports, cost plans / estimates as project design develops, proactively advising clients and consultant teams to develop designs within budgets
- Advise clients on procurement routes, forms of contracts, compile tender documents, manage / reconcile tender returns, make recommendations and produce contract documents.
- Provide post-contract Quantity Surveying services, closely managing variations and forecast final accounts, through to project completion.
- Prepare measurement, cost data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management and clients
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery
- Develop client relationships and provide an outstanding level of service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
- A high level of behavioural and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively both internally and with Clients
- Ability to work well as part of a team, but also confidence and determination to deliver excellence in market-facing roles with clients
- 3+ years’ experience working for a professional quantity surveying / cost management consultancy business, with a demonstrable track record of delivering a high quality service
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
- Ideally a chartered member of the RICS, or working towards final APC sitting in the next 12 months
- Extensive experience within at least one of the following sectors:
- Food retail
- Corporate real estate
- Working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract
- A broad contact and knowledge base with sector and / or local markets
- Able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- IT skills, such as MS office, excel, outlook, BIM / CAD measure, cost planning software CostX / CATO
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral team member
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
Rewards and benefits:
Faithful+Gould offer a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs