Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Radcon Manager to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Provides expertise of field radiological controls during the interview of new personnel and oversees the training and qualification of Radiological Control Technicians (RCTs).
- Ensures Conduct of Radiological Control supports the minimization of monitored exposures and elimination of unmonitored exposures and prevents the spread of contamination beyond posted boundaries.
- Supervises the activities, professional development, and performance of personnel performing work within their respective area of supervision.
- Assesses Radiation Protection Program execution for compliance with 10 CFR 835. Participates in work planning to ensure compliance with Radiation Protection Program.
- Ensures safe and proper supervision, monitoring, operation, and maintenance of assigned systems and areas.
- Supports the implementation of As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) processes and ensures adherence to these processes by members of the organization.
- Maintains Personal Exposure Records and tracks dose to employees to ensure administrative control limits are not exceeded.
- Ensures dose reports and surveys are generated and dispositioned as required.
- Ensures fact finding, critiques, and associated occurrence reporting are factually accurate from a radiological control aspect and that the improvements generated from these reviews are efficiently implemented.
- Functions as an interpretative authority on in the field matters related to the RADCON program.
- Maintains a day to day awareness of radiological operations and field conditions within the Project and participates in critiques/investigations involving radiological issues.
- Provides direct supervision of field activities related to RADCON.
- Generates and executes RWPs, recommends necessary dosimetry and bioassay requirements for proposed work.
- Supports the execution of and champions the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture within the Radiological Control group
- Interfaces directly as a peer to the Operations Supervisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supervisory experience required
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Baccalaureate in engineering or related science; Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years' DOE experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Radiological Control Manager
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
- US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles