This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins business seeks a RADCON Technician to join our team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Conducts Radiological Controls (RADCON) operations as prescribed by RADCON procedures
- Performs and documents contamination, radiation, and airborne radioactivity monitoring of areas and individuals.
- Performs surveys on materials/equipment for release from radiological areas.
- Provides radiological work coverage, radiation dose management and reporting.
- Maintains radiological postings.
- Maintains and operates radiological control instrumentation.
- Controls access to radiological areas.
- Inspects and issues respiratory protection.
- Provides dosimetry support, as needed.
- Provides input for development of radiological work permits and radiological work packages.
- Supports Isotek’s Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) and Safety Culture.
- Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
- Be willing to work overtime and shift work, when necessary.
- Be medically qualified to utilize respiratory protection.
- Be capable of working from ladders and mobile elevated platforms.
- Maintains Isotek qualifications for RADCON Technician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic communication, verbal and written skills
- Ability to interpret data against operational and procedural limiting conditions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma
- Associate degree in science preferred
- Successful completion of the DOE RCT Core exam
- 0 - 3 years DOE RADCON Technician experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
- US citizenship is required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs