Radiation Control Technician
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a RADCON Technician in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Supports building activities for radiological control.
- Conducts Radiological Controls (RADCON) operations as prescribed by RADCON procedures
- Provides radiological job coverage, radiation dose management, radiological air sampling and reporting and radiological surveys and postings.
- Provides dosimetry support.
- Provides radiological database maintenance and support.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic communication, verbal and written skills.
- Minimum 3 years as a DOE RCT qualified technician.
- Experience working in a high alpha contamination and elevated gamma dose work environment.
- Associate in science preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ of DOE radiological contamination monitoring experience.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a DOE Q-Clearance
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.