Rail and Transit Engineering Student - Site Services
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
The Rail and Transit Engineering Student/Intern position is ideal for an individual looking for an introduction to rail and transit engineering in one of the world’s leading engineering and construction companies. The need for sustainable transport is growing substantially and SNC Lavalin wants to give students the opportunity to work with internationally renowned experts on some of the most exciting transit projects in the world. SNC Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance, environmental protection, and is committed to delivering projects on budget and on time to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
- Participate in the development of technical content for projects, including but not limited to design, coordination, preparation of reports, preparation of presentations and collaboration with other project disciplines, as delegated by each Manager.
- Apply industry standard software and engineering principles to produce design outputs, or to complete studies to assess feasibility, performance, optimization, safety or other factors of value to the design.
- Utilize CAD software to design various systems components on rail & transit-based projects.
- Collaborate with staff in other Regions to facilitate a cohesive work environment ensuring effective utilization of the company’s resources in this sector.
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field confirming conformance to contract drawings.
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, or similar, having completed 2nd year (3rd and 4th year students preferred), ideally with a co-op or internship work term
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Student in an Engineering program, or similar
- Previous exposure to project documents and delivery methods (including calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents and design) data analysis, digital integration, transit planning, risk and safety assessments and control systems is an asset.
- Previous experience on Infrastructure engineering projects and an understanding of project timelines and design development is preferred.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.