Rail Construction Manager
Rail Construction Manager
Rail Construction Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Rail Construction Manager will be based out of our office in Oakland, California and reports to our Resident Engineer. The Rail Construction Manager observes the work of contractors involved in the construction of projects. Responsible for the administration and observation of construction activities to determine if the quality of the work performed by the contractor meets clients' needs and governmental requirements and conforms substantially with plans and specifications.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
Specific duties and responsibilities for the construction manager shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Plans and organizes the observation and documentation of construction projects.
- Schedules and coordinates observation of ongoing work and testing and certification of rail systems and sampling of materials.
- Assigns, leads and supervises internal staff engaged in observation and testing and in related record keeping.
- Monitors contractors' progress against schedule and prepares progress reports.
- Reviews payment requests and determines amount owing to contractor(s) based on on-site observations and contract stipulations.
- Oversees compilation of final estimate documents.
- Field engineering services observing and overseeing on-going construction as directed by the Resident Engineer;
- Manages and provides technical support to field issues;
- Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions;
- Keeps and maintains daily reports documenting observations, labor, equipment and issues encountered in the Contractor's performance of the work;
- Prepares written documents (i.e. correspondence, proposals, reports, performance evaluations and other construction documents);
- Advises internal project manager and/or owner of any failures or delays;
- Reviews approved contract submittals, contract specifications, and contract drawings, and field verify and document construction of approved materials and equipment per contract specifications and drawings;
- Reviews shop drawings within area of expertise for conformance with design concept;
- Reviews material testing data;
- When directed, collects and maintains Force Account Records for additional work directed by the Resident Engineer;
- Periodically examines Contractor QC and QA records to assure Contractor records are complete and current;
- Assists in the documentation of Change Notices/Change Orders, including justifications and estimates;
- When requested, assists in the review of Claims and Potential Claims;
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and seven years related experience including personnel supervision. With associate’s degree, fifteen years of related experience. Without a degree, seventeen years related experience is required.
- Good math, communications, computers and organizational skills.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) Registration or Project Management Professional certification (PMP) are desired.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs