Rail Electrical Design Engineer
Rail Electrical Design Engineer
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in:
- Integrating with and supporting a team of design engineers who undertake electrical design work within a rail environment.
- Undertaking the production of E&P design, working as part of a dedicated M&E design engineering team.
- Undertake in active collaboration in site surveys and collating information from surveys, records or other sources (e.g. eB).
- Preparation of design specifications complies with company and Network Rail, British and European Standards.
- Preparing design deliverable packages for professional submission including drawings, calculations and reports.
- Preparation of design drawings using Microstation CAD.
- Coordination and communication with other design/construction disciplines and manufacturers.
- Safety and technical assurance including participation in hazard workshops and risk assessments.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in designing E&P/M&E schemes in line with their own competency, with the ability to ensure that all project elements are delivered safely, on time, and to budget.
- HNC/HND/Degree qualification in Electrical/Electronic/Power engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Rail, Electrical and Power, Energy, Lighting, Electrical Engineering, Signalling power supply design, Points Heating design, Power supply systems, Project Engineering, LV Engineering etc.
- A working knowledge of relevant British standards/ BS7671 / 18th Edition wiring regulations/Railway Group standards/Network Rail standards.
- Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET).
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- A full working knowledge of Microstation 3D/Hevacomp/Amtech/DIALux/ETAP and all relevant software packages.
- City & Guilds training completed for 18th Edition of IET Wiring Regulations.
- An awareness of Safety, Health, Environment & Assurance requirements.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Team Leader-ElectricalOverviewWith offices throughout the UK, SNC-Lavalin has an extensive history of supporting clients in the UK and overseas. With over 50,000 employees globally and a turnover of £
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planner
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs