Rail Operations Modeller
Rail Operations Modeller
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is seeking a talented railway operations modeller to join the Rail Advisory team in the Transport Consultancy & Advisory practice based primarily in our Derby office (alternative locations are London, Birmingham and York).
We are looking to grow the size of the practice to cater for a substantial forward workload on numerous high-profile projects including a number of rail franchise projects with public and private sector clients and a growing workload in timetable development, assessment and performance simulation. We are particularly keen on attracting individuals with experience of delivering high quality operational performance simulation and assessment and working knowledge of UK rail industry operational planning practice.
This role will involve working as part of a team, undertaking technical analysis to model and analyse the operational performance of major rail infrastructure schemes and service/timetable enhancements. Looking at complex projects from every angle, you will help our customers to find the best solutions to their operations challenges.
This is an exciting time to be part of the rail industry, and Atkins Transport Consultancy & Advisory practice is at the forefront of some of the largest and most exciting developments within it. Join our team and you will be working on major projects that are changing the face of the rail industry for the better.
Atkins is a market-leading infrastructure, engineering and design consultancy that offers great scope for career development. And we’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with the following attributes:
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Rail Network including its structure and the interfaces between organisations and industry bodies, geography, systems and operations.
- Experience of using RailSys or an alternative market leading rail simulation tool (i.e. Opentrack)
- An understanding of the basics of track layout design along with signalling principles
- Detailed working knowledge of principles of Timetable Planning Rules and the ability to construct high level timetables
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- An experienced user of Excel with working knowledge of PIVOT tables
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects and prioritise effectively
- The ability to work both individually and effectively within a team, to contribute to work-winning and project delivery activity.
- The ability to manipulate large data sets and text files, experience of computer programming using VBA, Perl, C# or a similar software package
- An undergraduate or higher qualification in a transport related discipline
- Knowledge of, or hands on experience of rolling stock diagramming and train crew diagramming and rostering
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects and have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package for the right candidates, including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs