This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Join our quickly growing a team in New York! The Project Controls Manager prepares and updates critical path method (CPM) schedules using P6. Thorough understanding of railroad construction work is highly desirable. Working knowledge of BI Publisher and/or Crystal Reports to complete tasks daily is a plus. This position utilized ability to integrate resource/cost management information system data with P6. This is a full time internal Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits!
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• Facilitate the development of a detailed project schedule along with project team and contractor input.
• Develop and improve status collection process to ensure quality progress reporting.
• Proactively analyze project schedules including comparing cost/resource curves to actuals, tracking float consumption, and change order impact analysis to ensure contractor is compliant with scheduling specification.
• Validate schedule updates along with a narrative for submission to the project team and Client stakeholders.
• Identify and mitigate threats to the project’s schedule goals and initiate corrective actions through field staff as necessary.
• Interface with site management regarding critical schedule activities, change, impacts to schedule, change orders, project progress, and claims analysis.
• Provide final review of schedules for estimating as requested.
• Facilitate the team in revising logic for schedule compression, forensic analysis to identify cause and effect of delay and reporting.
• Analyze resource loading and adjust the schedule or initiate corrective action as appropriate.
• Participate in the scheduling portion of Project Reviews, as required.
• Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
• Work with Master scheduling to assess impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Work with master scheduling and the established system to show the hierarchy of plans and schedules and keep the project team fully informed of information.
• Effectively communicate impact analysis for potential delays and changes to project team.
• Manage change orders, requests for information and updates to project scheduling specific documents.
• Understand all contract requirements relating to the project schedule and be the voice for identifying when scope / execution is not aligned to contract terms.
• Interpret project team needs; assesses requirements and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests with regards to project schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• At least seven years’ relevant experience, railroad exp a plus
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products; and report preparation skills.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval reflective of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles