Rail Planning and Operation Consultant
Rail Planning and Operation Consultant
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The Transport Consulting & Advisory (TCA) practice is SNC-Lavalin’s strategic management consultancy arm dedicated to addressing the transport sector’s most challenging problems. We work on high profile engagements across the globe and are recognised as trusted advisors passionate achieving exceptional solutions with enduring legacy.
We work on transformative projects across a range of core capabilities including commercial strategy, investment and economic advisory, major procurements, transactions/due diligence, and project delivery and sponsorship, across all modes of transport.
We are experiencing rapid growth and are looking for ambitious and high-performing people to join our team at Principal, Senior Consultant, and Consultant levels, with proven experience in:
- Management consultancy project delivery and assignment leadership
- Strategic problem solving across key transport sector issues
- Building and managing client relationships
- Winning business or playing a significant role in successful bids
- Team leadership & management
Senior Consultants/Consultants will be expected to have a deep understanding of the transport sector, will be highly dynamic, numerate and enthusiastic and looking to progress their career within a growing team of specialist commercial and strategic consultants in the transport sector. At Principal Consultant level you be expected to lead projects and client relationships, demonstrating high level of autonomy on projects, control of resources, timescales and quality and an acute attention to detail.
The successful candidate for this role will support the Rail Planning and Strategic Transport Infrastructure work streams across the UK (London/Birmingham/Manchester/Leeds). This may include: rail franchising; major scheme business cases; economic appraisal of transport schemes; revenue and financial modelling; and a range of other technical work streams, delivering projects for both public and private sector clients.
The successful candidate will offer:
- The ability to work on a diverse range of projects and manage their time accordingly
- A desire to take responsibility for planning and delivering technical work and finding appropriate solutions to complex problems and challenges
- Good problem-solving skills and an aptitude for developing and applying a range of relevant analytical techniques to meet varying client requirements
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others and work within a team.
- Exceptional client focus and commitment to clients' requirements
Essential Experience & Skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with a degree in maths, economics or related field.
- Strong communications skills, personable and capable of writing fluently with clarity and precision, in both Word and Powerpoint
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- Highly knowledgeable of transport markets with a portfolio previous transport project work including modelling, the development of commercial and economic business case and/or rail planning
- Proven experience in the application of industry standard guidance, principles and software will be highly advantageous (e.g. WebTAG, PDFH, MOIRA/MOIRA2.2)
- A second degree (Masters or equivalent) in a numerate or transport-related field
- Experience working with large datasets (e.g. Python, SPSS/PASW Statistics)
- An understanding of rail operations.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-Transportation | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs