Railway Project Manager – Baden, Switzerland
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Railway Project Manager – Baden, Switzerland
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon in Baden, Switzerland is responsible for managing business development, sales and construction of high voltage substations, delivered turn-key to our clients in the EMEA region, as well as for financed projects abroad. The mentioned projects involve high voltage substations of different voltage levels and technologies.
- In this position, you will hold the overall commercial and technical responsibility for the successful execution of large-scale, multimillion-dollar substation construction projects for Grid and Railway, delivered to our clients in EMEA region.
- Jointly with your project team you will take-over the project from the sales organization, engineer the system, select the supply and subcontractor base, and manage the construction phase until successful energization and hand-over to the client
- You will define the resource requirements for the project and manage and motivate the allocated resources for successful project execution
- You are responsible to complete the project on time, commercially successful and with high customer satisfaction
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. This means that you are a sharp negotiator, with an excellent ability to resolve issues, lead teams and work constructively with customer relations.
- You have extensive experience and a successful track record to deliver complex infrastructure construction projects in EMEA region, preferably with public utility clients / grid operators. Experience evaluation will be based on the particulars of the executed projects, such as complexity, duration; contract amounts, project outcome, etc. so please include that information in your application.
- You get your messages across in a coherent and clear way and lead your projects with great confidence – and you have the character to stand straight in good times and bad times alike.
- A natural ability to take initiative and apply both creativity and perseverance are necessary to negotiate and implement the necessary actions and this always within compliance of Linxon’s Code of Conduct.
- As Project Manager, you also need to be highly experienced in risk management. You are able to stay calm, even if unforeseen events threaten to disrupt your projects.
- Your achievements are built upon a solid business and commercial mindset.
- You hold a Master or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or business administration.
- A Project Management Certification or a PMP certification are preferable additional qualifications.
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial, large and complex or turnkey contracts is required strong experience in successful execution.
- Experiences aside, the most important aspect is a great attitude. We are looking for you, who are enthusiastic, energetic, willing to learn and to pitch in wherever needed, in order to reach the project’s goals.
- You are curious by nature and have excellent communication skills. Fluency in English and German is required written and spoken, and fluency in Arabic would be considered added value.
- For non-Swiss, Holds Valid Permit to work in Switzerland
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below:
Our Latest Articles