Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Provide RAMS expertise in one, or multiple, of these areas:
- Traction Power
- Overhead Catenary
- Tunnel Ventilation
- Rolling Stock
- Other required analysis in the field of expertise - Create Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Sub-System Hazard Analysis (SSHA),Interface Hazard Analysis (IHA), Operating & Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA/FMECA), Technical Safety Report, Safety Management Reports, RAM Analysis, etc.
- Oversee the Installation and T&C, review the test procedures & results, generate the Safety Operation Restriction (SOR).
- Review safety analysis submissions from suppliers and provide detailed technical comments regarding their accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Apply detailed knowledge of CENELEC, MIL STD 882, IEEE and other relevant standards to assess compliance.
- Manage client relationships and advise clients on recommended actions relating to the projects.
- Deliver review assignments in allocated timescales to meet overall project deadlines.
What will you contribute?
Qualification & Experience
- Professional registration as an Engineer (or able to obtain quickly).
- Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical domain.
- 5 years of experience in in RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) and familiar with
- Must 3 years of experience in rail engineering including knowledge of one or more of these systems:
- Railway Vehicle
- Traction Power and Overhead Catenary System
- Tunnel Ventilation
- Communications System and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to work effectively remotely within a virtual team environment.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs