- Provide RAMS expertise in one, or multiple, of these areas:
- Traction Power
- Overhead Catenary
- Tunnel Ventilation
- Rolling Stock
- Create Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Sub-System Hazard Analysis (SSHA),Interface Hazard Analysis (IHA), Operating & Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA/FMECA), Technical Safety Report, Safety Management Reports, RAM Analysis, and other required analysis in the field of expertise;
- Oversee the Installation and T&C; review the test procedures & results; generate the Safety Operation Restriction
- Review safety analysis submissions from suppliers and provide detailed technical comments regarding their accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Apply detailed knowledge of CENELEC, MIL STD 882, IEEE and other relevant standards to assess compliance
- Manage client relationships, and advise clients on recommended actions relating to the project
- Deliver review assignments in allocated timescales to meet overall project deadlines
- Engineering degree in Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- Minimum 3 years of rail engineering including knowledge of one or more of these systems:
- Railway Vehicle
- Traction Power and Overhead Catenary System
- Tunnel Ventilation
- Communications System
- Minimum of 5 years in RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) and familiar with CENELEC, MIL-STD and IEEE
- Professional registration as an Engineer (or able to obtain quickly)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- The ability to work effectively remotely within a virtual team environment
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.